A Board-On-Board Houston Wood Fence is a Great Choice for Privacy
If you are in the market for a Houston wood fence, board-on-board fencing may be the right choice for your needs. This type of wood fence offers almost complete privacy for your commercial or residential property. Here are some of the most important reasons to consider board-on-board fences for your home or business.
What Is Board-on-Board Fence?
Board-on-board fencing consists of two layers of wood that combine to create a gap-free barrier that prevents outsiders from peeking through holes in your fence to have a look at your property.
- The first layer typically consists of six-inch boards spaced one and one-half inch apart. Other board sizes may sometimes be used to create a distinctive look.
- The second layer of boards overlaps the first and uses boards that are four inches wide or wider to cover the gaps between the first set of boards completely.
Because of the overlap created by the two layers, board-on-board fences are ideal for areas that require absolute privacy. A cap is usually added to the top of these fences to create a finished look and to increase the height of the fence by a few extra inches.
Benefits of Board-on-Board Fencing
Board-on-board fencing installations are ideally suited for use as enclosures for swimming pools and private patios. These fences can also provide added protection for outdoor commercial storage areas by hiding the contents from prying eyes and reducing the risk of theft or vandalism. Your Houston fence company can provide you with professional guidance on the most practical choices for ensuring privacy and protection for your property and your possessions.
Other Points to Keep in Mind
If you are thinking about installing a board-on-board fence in Cypress TX or any of the surrounding area, you should keep a few basic guidelines in mind:
- Metal-framed gates and metal posts are recommended for board-on-board vehicle and walk gates because of the added weight that twice as many boards can put on these entry points.
- While board-on-board fences are available in heights ranging from six to eight feet, local regulations may limit the height of commercial and residential fencing and should be verified before planning your new fence installation.
- The precise placement of boards is essential to create the most attractive appearance for your new board-on-board fence. Working with a professional Houston wood fence company is essential to achieve the best results.
The experts at Summit Fence North can provide you with expert guidance on the right fence options for your property. We offer a wide range of options that include board-on-board, standard wood privacy, vinyl, aluminum and ornamental iron fencing to suit your needs and your budget. Give us a call today at 281-895-9500 to request a free quote or to discuss your fencing project with us. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you.