Fencing Options and Considerations for Pool Owners
Swimming pools are great fun when the weather is hot, but they can also cause problems for a homeowner. In legal terms, they are called “attractive nuisances” because they attract people who do not have the owner’s permission to use the pool. Some of those people drown. Before a tragedy occurs, talk to a Houston fence company about what type of fencing would be best for your swimming pool area.
Pool fences are available in several styles and materials. Some are safer, and some are more attractive. A pool fence in The Woodlands TX must be tall enough to prevent people from entering your pool area. A person should not be able to climb over, slide under or slip through it.
Here are some of the options for your Houston fence.
- A powder coated ornamental aluminum Houston fence require minimal maintenance and look great. However, they are not as good as other types for blocking the view of your pool if you are looking for privacy.
- Fences made from PVC resist the weather quite well. They can be installed for privacy or as standard slat fences. They are not as durable as aluminum.
- Wooden fences are renowned for their toughness. They are available in many styles. Fences made from wood are less expensive than aluminum or PVC, but they require more maintenance.
- Mesh fences are built using square frames that are connected together and have a mesh material attached to the frame. They are the most popular choice for pools because they are inexpensive and can be easily removed.
- It is hard to beat a glass fence when it comes to beauty. However, they are considerably more expensive than the previously mentioned materials, and they are not as reliable in areas with severe weather. They also require regular cleaning to look their best.
As long as you satisfy the laws regarding pool fences in your area, there are several styles to consider.
- Most pool fences have a flat top with vertical bars connected to horizontal rails at the top and bottom of the fence.
- Double tops are similar to flat tops except they have two horizontal bars at the top. Frequently, there is ornamental detailing between the bars.
- Loop tops have two long pieces of metal that loop at the top to create a design.
- Thick metal wire bars are sometimes used instead of hollow metal tubes. They are stronger and resist weather better.
If you need more information on what makes a pool fence safe, call Summit Fence North at 281-895-9500. We can let you know the legal requirements for pool fences in your area and help you in selecting the right fence for your needs.